– Guest post by Henri Richard, SVP Worldwide OEM and Enterprise Sales
If you are looking to dive into the latest in virtualization and cloud technology, there are few opportunities as great as VMworld to get hands-on learning. It’s the place to discover the latest trends and solutions, meet with industry experts and network with IT professionals from around the globe. For us at SanDisk®, VMworld is an exciting opportunity to showcase our breadth of products and solutions for VDI workloads together with the newest addition to our family, the Fusion-io team.
Join us in Booth #1023 to see Flash-Transformed Virtualization
This year’s VMworld is titled “No Limits”, and that’s a great headline to summarize how we feel about the opportunities flash offers for virtualization workloads. At the SanDisk booth, we’ll be showcasing SanDisk storage solutions for VMware Virtual SAN and VMware Horizon, demoing flash-enabled applications and exhibiting SanDisk hardware and software that deliver improved VM density, accelerated performance, and achieve superior scalability and reliability at a lower cost.
If you’d like to set up a private meeting with our sales, marketing or PR team, please contact us through your SanDisk sales representative, or at http://info.sandisk.com/contact-sales.html.
SanDisk Speaking Sessions
One of the highlights of our participation are our sponsored speaking sessions, including a 60-minute breakout session, a 20-minute solution exchange on Virtual SAN, Flash and VDI workloads, as well as in-booth presentations:
STO1429 – SanDisk Experience on Virtual SAN for VDI and Enterprise Workload
Tuesday, August 26th from 1:00 PM – 2:00
Presented by Biswapati (“Biswa”) Bhattacharjee, Technical Marketing Engineer, and Martyn Wiltshire, SanDisk IT Manager
Moscone West, Room 2024
EUC1874 – Virtual SAN for VDI and Enterprise Workloads
Monday, August 25th 2:20 PM – 2:40 PM
With SanDisk blogger and technical marketing manager, Biswapati (“Biswa”) Bhattacharjee.
Moscone West, Room 2006
BCO3036-SPO – Software-Defined Everything. The Next Big Thing.
Monday, Aug 25, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Panel discussion hosted by Nexenta, with Gary Lyng, Sr. Director at SanDisk
Marriott, Yerba Buena Level, Salon 7
Our in-booth theater will host presentations by SanDisk experts every half hour throughout the expo days, giving you the opportunity for a deep dive into VDI with flash and Virtual SAN, SSD caching solutions for virtualized application and database performance, and VMware administrator operations with flash.
SanDisk Partners and Solutions at VMworld
As you will be walking through the show, you will encounter many of our solutions at various partner booths and in OEM products, including:
- IBM eXFlash – See the SanDisk enabled IBM system x Servers at our booth, demonstrating virtualized application and database performance with ultra-low latency.
- Dell-powered Virtual SAN – See how SanDisk SAS SSDs, certified for VMware Virtual SAN with Dell PowerEdge servers, provide IT professionals with a better way to leverage system resources and meet performance demands.
- HP All-Flash Array – HP will be showcasing thei 3PAR StoreServ 7450 in their booth, an all-flash storage array leveraging SanDisk’s 1.92TB Optimus Eco SAS drives for high capacity and high performance. See their static demo and learn how we’re helping transform the economics of flash.
- Nexenta Software-Defined Storage – Software-defined storage experts of Nexenta will showcase VMware-tailored solutions in their booth featuring SanDisk SSDs, helping to deliver reduced power consumption and enhanced reliability.
- Super Micro – Find out how Super Micro Inc. accelerates VDI performance with ULLtraDIMM SSDs in their Green Computing Servers and storage solutions in the Super Micro booth.
- CloudByte ElastiStor Appliance – CloudByte will be showcasing their new ElastiStor Appliance family in their booth, with three variations tailored to support a specified number of applications or Virtual Machines. Each appliance leverages an increasing number of SanDisk SAS SSD’s to enhance performance and support scaling capabilities.
Great Resources on Flash, VDI, and VMware
Get ready for VMworld by learning more about flash-transformed virtualization. Our virtualization blogger Biswapati Bhattacharjee has put together a series of technical posts sharing our testing experiences using flash in use cases such as VDI Pool Creation, Boot Storm and more:
- VMware Virtual SAN – Benchmarking VDI workloads using SanDisk SSDs
- VMware Swap to Host Cache Testing Using SanDisk SSDs
- VMware VDI Boot Storm Testing Using SanDisk ULLtraDIMM
- VMware VDI Pool Creation Testing Using SanDisk ULLtraDIMM
Get ready to unleash the possibilities of flash-transformed virtualization – I look forward to see you at VMworld!